Archery Center to be target of worldwide attention
YANKTON, S.D. – For thousands of archery enthusiasts and competitors from around the globe, Yankton will be the new home of the National Field Archery Association (NFAA) headquarters and the Easton Sports Development Foundation Center for Excellence in Archery (ESDF).
A dedication ceremony for the new facility will be held June 13 at 7:30 p.m. and will officially mark the new destination in front of archers from across the U.S. and 15 other countries.
"Since the NFAA's relocation from California last year, we've anxiously been anticipating the dedication ceremony and the events surrounding it," said Lisa Scheve, Executive Director of the Yankton Convention and Visitors Bureau. "The NFAA has brought something very unique to this area, and we're excited to host this and future NFAA events for our residents and visitors from around the world."
The dedication ceremony will include Jim Easton, CEO of the Easton Sports Development Foundation, as the keynote speaker.
"On behalf of the NFAA, I can say with confidence that we're all looking forward to being part of the Yankton community," said Bruce Cull, President of the NFAA. "The dedication ceremony will be a great opportunity for the media and the public to get a first-hand look at the new state-of-the-art facility and meet some of the people involved with our organization."
Upcoming NFAA tournament events:
- IFAA World Bowhunter Championship; June 11-14; 15 countries represented
- NFAA Unmarked 3-D National Championship; June 13-14; Outdoor 3D targets
- First Dakota National Bank Archery Classic; June 13-14; Part of the NFAA's 3 Star Tour, which includes Las Vegas and Louisville
The NFAA is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the practice of archery. Founded in 1939, it now consists of 50 chartered state associations and more than 1,100 affiliated clubs. The NFAA announced the relocation of its national headquarters to Yankton in 2008, and construction of their new complex was completed in 2009.
- The dedication ceremony will be held June 13, 4-6 p.m., at the new 22,000-square-foot headquarters at 800 Archery Lane in Yankton.
- The NFAA and ESDCEA complex includes permanent ranges for Olympic archery games, Field archery and 3-D simulated hunting. The 25-meter indoor range is open to the public year-round.
- The NFAA hosts three National Championship tournaments – outdoor, indoor and Marked 3-D – which draw nearly 3,000 archers. The organization also hosts eight Sectional Indoor and eight Sectional Outdoor Championships and sanctions more than 100 State Championship level tournaments and thousands of club shoots.
Bruce Cull, NFAA President, 605-665-8340, email@example.com
Lisa Scheve, Executive Director of the Yankton CVB, 605-665-3636, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanda Goodman, Media & PR Manager of the SD Office of Tourism, 605-773-3301, email@example.com
* All photos must be credited to Greg Nielsen.