BADLANDS NATIONAL PARK, S.D. – Badlands National Park seeks public input on proposed changes to the park’s entrance fee for 2008. A public meeting will be held on March 15 at 2 o’clock in the Ben Reifel Visitor Center. Please join park staff to learn more about the recreation fee program and discuss the proposed entrance fee increase.
Badlands National Park is a designated Federal Recreation Fee Area. Fees collected at Badlands directly benefit this park and other units of the National Park Service. Fees paid at Badlands are unique in that under special agreement fees are split with the Oglala Sioux Tribe. Some of the projects that have been funded by fees at Badlands include:
- Upgraded comfort stations in the Cedar Pass Campground.
- Park-wide trail improvements.
- New exhibits and park film at the Ben Reifel Visitor Center.
- Installation of restroom facilities at overlook areas.
- Support for the Big Pig Dig.
- Modernization of park bison corrals.
- Support for reintroduction of bighorn sheep and black-footed ferret within the park.
For more information, please contact Chief Ranger Mark Gorman at (605) 433-5230 or Revenue and Fee Business and Concession Manager Marsha Buchanan at (605) 433-5235.